The body and mind are intertwined.
It turns out, stretching is way more useful than you may have thought. The benefits are much more than simply just avoiding injury during workouts. Whether you like being super athletic, or, find yourself always bent over a computer– stretching every day (or at least a few times throughout the week) will benefit you greatly.
Don’t these benefits listed below sound more like a miracle cure? To think, simply stretching would yield such value. We often underestimate the simplicity of simply taking a moment to stretch.
• Reduced Stress & Calmed Mind
• Improved Blood Flow
• Helps you think more clearly
• Recover from workouts more quickly
• Removes unwanted toxins throughout the body
• Increased Energy
• Enhanced Alignment & Less Pain
• Better Sleep
• Improved quality of life
Our Physical state directly affects our Mental state
Some studies have even shown that bad posture can deepen depression or negative attitude. When we are stressed, it’s natural for our muscles to tense up. The slow, calculated movement of stretching is calming to the mind and relieves tension. This makes stretching a very simple but effective way to reduce stress.
When you stretch, your body releases chemicals called endorphins. These endorphins interact with the receptors in your brain that reduce your perception of pain. Endorphins also trigger a positive feeling in the body.
Four Key steps in Starting fresh Best to do before stretching for reduction of stress and anxiety:
- Breathe. Focus on your breathing to settle your mind.
- Be Mindful. Let go of thoughts about the past and worries about the future. Be in the moment.
- Shift to the Positive. Detach from any harmful feelings and redirect your thinking to be positive.
- Get Moving. Stay positive by staying active! Even a simple walk can boost your endorphins.
- Four Simple Stretches to Rid Yourself of Anxiety and Stress. Plus, positive affirmations of self-love to help you own your power for the day. https://www.health.com/fitness/stretches-anxiety-stress-video
- How stretching everyday can benefit your physical and mental health, and improve your problem solving skills. https://www.scmp.com/yp/discover/lifestyle/health-fitness/article/3073268/how-stretching-everyday-can-benefit-your