Moving into your college “home” is an exciting, nerve-wracking, and often emotional process – even on a year when we’re not in the midst of a global pandemic. Thankfully, our Residence Life team and the Comeback Taskforce have implemented new move-in procedures to keep our students and their families safe during move-in for the fall semester.
Take a look at this quick breakdown of 8 things you need to know before move-in day to keep from getting overwhelmed when you get to campus:
- Prior to coming to campus, students must schedule an appointment with Residence Life. This can be done by calling or texting 716-926-8933 or through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students can have two support systems with them while moving into housing. We know that choosing favorite family members can be tricky. This guideline was set with social distancing safety measures in mind.
- Everyone coming to campus must wear a face mask when in public or shared spaces (parking lot, lobbies, hallways, etc.). Face coverings can only be removed when in a private residence hall room and when no one who is not a part of the shared family unit is present.
- Students and visitors who are exuding symptoms of COVID-19 or have traveled to a restricted state within two weeks of being on campus are not permitted. Students who live in restricted states have received prior information on required quarantine procedures. View the complete list of restricted states here.
- Check-in will be contactless. Students will obtain keys in Trinity Hall.
- Each student will receive a blue cart during their assigned move-in time. Students must use their assigned cart, which can be picked up and dropped off in Trinity Hall. Carts will be cleaned by Hilbert staff in-between shifts.
- Support systems can only be present in residence halls during their student’s assigned check-in times. Once a student’s check-in time is completed, the COVID-19 Visitation Policy is in effect.
- Detailed instructions and a confirmation of your check-in time will be sent to students via email during the week of August 17th.
We can’t wait to welcome you to campus! If you have any questions or concerns regarding the move-in process, residence life safety measures, or guidelines as they pertain to COVID-19, please refer to our Returning to Campus Guide or contact the Residence Life team at email@example.com.